Sunday, April 20, 2008

Oh I miss the nanny...

Right now all I am thinking is ....was I in my right mind to make a bold decision of a holiday with Li'l T sans the nanny. Gawd! what was I thinking??!!!!
Gawd! Gawd! Gawd! never thought I will miss baby's nanny so much.

As a youngster I distinctly remember a write-up I had written. It was titled "The Ps in my life" - one of my first and foremost was Pamam - the ever endearing uncle. The second P was the Hobbes I have mentioned in my profile description and the third was my difficult boss and finally now it is the baby's nanny. The P's in my life have always made a difference - whether it be xtremely positive or xtremely negative....but they could never be ignored.


This holiday has only taught me how indispensible THE nanny is!...the most important P in my life these days

Slice of my life these days (now that I am on a holiday!!!!)
-Get woken up by a wailing hungry baby
-feed her
-change her
-motivate her to crap so I can then lie low during the day (I feel more relieved when Li'l T has clean bowels, than when I do....I guess that's what motherhood is all about)
-make sensible conversation with her (as sensible and meaningful as it can get with a 5 month old)
-watch over her while she busily flip flops all over the bed (she does not like the floor)...simply to ensure she does not flip flop off it.
-give her a rejuvenating oil massage followed by a bath routine (which she simply looks forward to)
-bathe her
-dress her
-feed her
-put her to bed
-console her every time she wails
-change her
-feed her
-change her
-feed her
-change her
-omygosh did I forget taking her around to all anxious relatives homes
-change her
-feed her
-remind myself that this is all my doing
-change her
-feed her
-and finally at the end of day crash after putting her to bed.
.........I am looking forward to getting back home. I have promised myself a good holiday after I dutifully handover li'l T to THE nanny. That is when my holiday actually begins .....


No comments: